Dubai: A Desert City
Ever wondered how a desert city looks like?
Here is a bird’s eye view of the gleaming metropolis of the city of Dubai in one of the driest places on Earth…
Some Facts about Dubai:
1. Dubai is not a country.
2. It is a city located at the Emirate (state) of Dubai.
3. It is not part of Saudi Arabia. It is one of the emirates that constitute the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in the eastern Arabian Peninsula. UAE is a country consisting of seven emirates (states): Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras al-Khaimah, Sharjah and Umm al-Quwain.
4. Dubai is not the capital of UAE. Abu Dhabi is the capital of UAE. Dubai is the commercial center of UAE.
5. UAE is located on the Arabian Peninsula, south of the Persian Gulf.
6. Arabian Peninsula is not part of Africa but is located in the continent of Asia.